WHAT ARE VERIFIED MARK CERTIFICATES?
Verified Mark Certificates (VMCs) allow you to render your logo next to the “sender” field in email clients so that users see your mark—and that your organization has been authenticated—before they even open your message. It's the email equivalent of a checkmark on social media, with added validation and security requirements to help protect your customers and your brand against phishing and spoofing attacks
HOW DO VMCS WORK?
Logo-verified email is part of a groundbreaking initiative—in cooperation with Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) and email client providers— to promote a consistent, trusted and visually authenticatable email experience for both businesses and consumers. Here’s how it works:
- Verified Mark Certificates are now available for purchase from DigiCert. A VMC is the only way you can display your logo on verified emails.
- Before you can display your logo, email clients must be able to validate that you are enforcing Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) standards, which help to reduce phishing and spoofing attacks by giving your organization more control over your emails.
- Once you’ve demonstrated DMARC enforcement, you will be able to upload your trademarked and validated logo for display within email clients. If you have multiple logos, you can choose which will render for each communication flow.
VERIFIED EMAIL BENEFITS THE WHOLE ORGANIZATION
Finally, IT and Marketing can agree on a priority.
VMC BENEFITS FOR MARKETERS
- Instead of default initials, customers see your logo—before they even open your email.
- Deliver a more authentic, recognizable and unified experience.
- Instantly associate trust with your email communications. And your logo.
- Stand out from the crowd and let customers know you’ve made their security a priority.
- Increase visibility, recall and engagement—including a 10% increase to engagement rates.
DMARC BENEFITS FOR IT
- Demonstrate the highest level of email security practice through DMARC compliance.
- Make it harder for bad actors to target your customers with identity-focused attacks like spoofing and phishing.
- Get better visibility and control over the messages sent and received by your domain.
- Gain clear insight into the types and frequency of attacks targeting your domain.
- Ensure legitimate emails are delivered reliably, without anything slipping through the cracks.
For further details contact us at email@example.com.